Saturday, December 4, 2010

Book Review: Dust City by Robert Paul Weston.

Hello everyone! Today I finished reading Dust City by Robert Paul Weston. Here is the review and I hope you enjoy!

******
Plot: Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
His son, that's who.
Ever since his father's arrest for the murder of Little Red Riding Hood, teen wolf Henry Whelp has kept a low profile in a Home for Wayward Wolves . . . until a murder at the Home leads Henry to believe his father may have been framed.
Now, with the help of his kleptomaniac roommate, Jack, and a daring she-wolf named Fiona, Henry will have to venture deep into the heart of Dust City: a rundown, gritty metropolis where fairydust is craved by everyone—and controlled by a dangerous mob of Water Nixies and their crime boss leader, Skinner.
Can Henry solve the mystery of his family's sinister past? Or, like his father before him, is he destined for life as a big bad wolf?

Review: Crime, blood, and faeries. Those are the three words the best describe Dust City with its dark alleyways to it's beautiful palaces. Henry has to go a dark and scary mission to find out what has happened to the fairy dust and how to get it back. Along the way he meets new characters like Tom, Old Jerry, and best of all Fiona who is smart, brave, and kind. Skinner is a different villain then the ones I usually read and I enjoyed that. I loved reading about Henry's father and also Henry's past. The secrets about the fairy dust is overwhelming and shocked me at how creative the this new author can be. At times I didn't really enjoy the writing style, but after a few chapters I started getting used to how this author explains his world. The adventure Henry needed to take to find all his answers was fun to read about and to know what really happened the infamous night with is father was also shocking, but great to know since it impacted the book in the biggest way possible. I give this book a 4/5.

******
Pub. Date: September 30, 2010

Chapters: 43
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA) Incorporated
Format: Hardcover , 304pp
Age Range: Young Adult
Book Rating: 4/5

1 comments:

j said...

You had me at crime, blood and fairies. :) I am adding this one to my list.

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!