Saturday, November 13, 2010

In My Mailbox (9)

*In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren* In My Mailbox gives bloggers a chance to show each other
what books they got for the week. It's a very exciting and fun thing to do. Here is what I got for the week:

Bought/Review/Won:

Summary: With 2 million copies of her Immortals series in print, Alyson Noël is one of the hottest paranormal teen authors writing today. Night Star continues the epic love story that has enchanted readers across the world. In this installment, Ever and Damen face down bitter rivals, jealous friends and their own worst fears—all in the hope of being together forever. Night Star is guaranteed to mesmerize fans and leave them breathlessly awaiting the sixth and final book!




 
 
Summary: Vera’s spent her whole life secretly in love with her best friend, Charlie Kahn. And over the years she’s kept a lot of his secrets. Even after he betrayed her. Even after he ruined everything.
So when Charlie dies in dark circumstances, Vera knows a lot more than anyone—the kids at school, his family, even the police. But will she emerge to clear his name? Does she even want to?
Edgy and gripping, Please Ignore Vera Dietz is an unforgettable novel: smart, funny, dramatic, and always surprising.



Summary: Psychic...or psychotic?
Anna knows her family is crazy. But when she goes to visit her aunt and uncle for the summer and learns that her uncle’s charred body has been found, her life reaches a new level of insanity. Her erratic aunt’s “psychic” abilities are exaggerated by her grief, and have become borderline violent. Alone in an unfamiliar town, Anna struggles to pick up the pieces and establish any sense of normalcy. She desperately wants to trust Zack, the cute boy next door, but even he might know more about the incident than he is letting on.
But when Anna starts feeling an inexplicable pull to the site of her uncle’s murder, she begins to believe that her family’s supernatural gifts are real after all. Torn between loyalty and suspicion, Anna is certain of only one thing: she must discover who killed her uncle or she could be next….

What did you get in your mailbox?

11 comments:

Leanna Elle said...

I'm looking forward to Night Star. Must buy that one soon. Happy reading! :)

Lisa said...

oh wow! the last book I want to get my paws on to read.

here's mine

P/s Followed you

Booklover-Book Chicks said...

Thanks so much for the comments and thank you for following me =)

Alison Can Read said...

Great reads! I'm a new follower. I've heard so much good about Please Ignore Vera Dietz.
My IMM

Unknown said...

A great selection of books! They all seem to be great. Happy reading :)
Check out what's In My Mailbox
and don't forget to enter the giveaway

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Belinda said...

You got some great books this week :) Happy reading
You can find my mailbox at The Bookish Snob

Jenny said...

I haven't read any of the Immortals series, I really need to give those a try. And I love the sound of The Back Door of Midnight, I will be adding that one to my list. Enjoy!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Looks like a great week. All three books look interesting. Enjoy!

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

What a fun site. I'm so glad I found it! Also I am dying to read Please Ignore Vera Dietz. I can't wait to get my hands on that one. I hope you love it!

Tara said...

I really want to read Please Ignore Vera Dietz! Looks awesome :) Hope you enjoy all your new books!

Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

Heather @ Love Life and Reading said...

hi fellow blogger! new to your blog here. would love if you could return the favor and follow my blog as well. got some awesome giveaways going on!

pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!