Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Review: The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Good 'Evening. Are you ready for some spooks? Today I finished the horror story, The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff. Hope you enjoy it and I hope you don't get to scared. Here is the review:

*****
Plot:
Mackie Doyle is
The Replacement.
Mackie is not one of us. Though he lives in a small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement-left is the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is slowly dying in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to life among us. He just wants to play bass guitar and find out more about oddly intriguing girl named Tate.
But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem.
He must face the dark creatures of the slag heaps and find his rightful place in our world, or theirs.

Review:

This book gave me the creeps. I have been waiting for a long time to read a good horror book and now I finally got my chance. The Replacement starts off normal, but just by the next page I was scared. The history of Gentry is very weird, but interesting at the same time. In this story their are supernatural creatures that are hard to understand, but are still amazing to read about. Mackie is a very brave, smart, and loving person that I had fun reading about. Tate is one of the most strongest female characters I have ever read in a book. She would never back down from a fight, even if it cost her her life. There are many, many scary and creepy characters in this book that just made my skin crawl just thinking about how they would look like. The problem was way different then any other book I have ever read. The blood, guts, and creepy smiles truly made this story a horror book I couldn't out down. For the horror that scared me half to death and made me guessing for more I am very happy to give this book a 5/5 (Excellent/The best a book can get!). So if your bored and feel like you want to get spooked, then if I were you I would go and buy The Replacement.

*****

Publishing Company: The Penguin Group. 
Published Date: September 21, 2010
Pages: 343
Format: Hardcover
Gerne: YA Paranormal

Book Trailer: 


Book Review Video:

2 comments:

Alexia561 said...

Nice review! I really enjoyed this one as well, and agree that Tate was a great character! I didn't like the cover at first, but after reading it, think it was perfect!

Candace said...

I enjoyed this book too. I liked that the characters were just a different kind of creepy. Not sure how to explain it, but I think anyone who read it would understand.

Visiting from Saturday Situation, thanks for linking!

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!