Saturday, September 11, 2010

Book Review: MockingJay by Suzanne Collins

Hello. I just finished MockingJay by Suzanne Collins. If you haven't read the first two books in the Hunger Games series I wouldn't read this review. Here is my review, I hope you like it:

***
Plot:

My name is Katniss Everdeen.

Why am I not dead?

I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. Disrcit 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revoluton is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revoluton without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans- except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebel's Mockingjay- no matter what the person cost.

Review:

I give this book a 5/5. This series really means a lot. It makes you think, what if our world turns out like this? Will this happen? Will we have Hunger Games? From the beginning to the end I loved every part of this book. Everything that happened was shocking and unpredictable. To read about teh characters from the last two books was something words can't make. I loved the ending so much and it was good to end it there when it did. There is just one question that is still bothering me, I wish I could find out, but I don't think I ever will. This is truly a series that no one should ever forget after reading these books.

***
Publishing Company: Scholastic Press.
Publishing Date: August 24, 2010.
Series: Hunger Games series. (Third and Final book)
Pages: 390
Format: Hardcover
Genre: YA paranormal
Book Trailer:

Book Review Video:

4 comments:

Steph said...

Great review!!! Thanks for joining the September Spectacular!

Booklover-Book Chicks said...

Thank you so much! =D

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I saw your blog on the September Spectacular site and thought I'd stop by to say hello. Nice to have met you, I've enjoyed visiting.

Booklover-Book Chicks said...

Nice to meet you, too! Glad you dropped by =)

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!