Saturday, September 25, 2010

Book Review: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Hello! Today I will be giving my review on Halo by Alexandra Adornetto. I finished this book yesterday. Here is my review:
~~~
Plot:
An angel is sent to earth on a misson.
But falling in love is not part of the plan.
Three angels-Gabriel, the warrior, Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, the youngest and most human-are sent by Heaven to bring good to a world falling under the influence of darkness. They work hard to conceal their luminous glow, superhuman powers, and, most dangerous of alll, their wings, all the while avoiding all human attachments.
Then Bethany meets Xavier Woods, and neither of them is able to resist the attraction between them. Gabriel and Ivy do everything in their power to intervene, but the bond between Xavier and Bethany seems to strong. The angels' missing is urgent, and dark forces are threatening. Will love ruin Bethany or save here?

Review:

I never read a story about a main character with the supernatural powers to be the point of view for the story. Sadly I didn't see a difference, because most of the time it seemed like Xavier the human was more stronger then Bethany the angel, which was sad, because I would have loved to read about someone with the point of view, who was the stronger person in the relationship. At the beginning of the story it was very slow and it was hard for me not to put down the book and forget about it, because truly at the beginning I really wanted to do just that. But after about 200 pages the story finally started to get good. The action at the end of the story was enjoyable and I did love the ending of this book. Some of the characters were fun to read about and others not so much. I did like Xavier a lot, for his funny comments and how much he would put everything aside just to save Bethany. So with that I give this book a 3.5/5.

~~~
Publishing Company: Feiwel&Friends Book
Publishing Date: August 31, 2010.
Series: Halo series
Pages: 484
Format: Hardcover
Genre: YA Paranormal/ YA Romance

Book Trailer:


Book Review Video:

4 comments:

Sarah Mohamed Saghir said...

Hmmm... about the "strongest" point of view, do u mean the most confident inthe relationship? the one who's steering it?
i like ur review ... thanks, i was gona buy it but u changed my mind. THANKS :D

brandileigh2003 said...

I am reading this now, and liking it okay. I agree- Bethany is an angel and it seems that she would have more of an aversion but it did say she related with humans more and why she is on the mission.
Visiting from Saturday Situation!
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Joanna said...

I am very excited to read this book!
Enjoy ;)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Hmm, not too sure about this one - I've read a lot of bad reviews as well as good ones. Thanks for your opinion.

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!