Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Hello everyone! Today I finished reading Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Here is the review and I hope you enjoy:

~~~~~
Plot: 
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.
But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.

Review: I really enjoy the cover of this book, but the inside of the book is completely different and not what I thought it was going to be. Sadly I didn't enjoy this book as much as I wanted to. Evie was a great character to read at the beginning of the book, but mostly the whole book she was either crying or annoying to read. Lend, who is the shape-shifter in this book was one of my favorite characters because I thought he was very sweet and mysterious at the beginning of the book. Reth was the ex-boyfriend, who I disliked the most and was annoyed the most because of the random points he joined in the book. Lish was the best friend to Evie and was another great character and I really wished I could read more about her because I enjoyed her personality a lot. I didn't enjoy the writing style because it seemed at times that the author would repeat the same thing she wrote two chapters ago and would stop repeating it until the end of the book. Over all I give this book a 3/5.

~~~~~
Rating: 3/5 Stars!
Pub. Date: August 2010
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Format: Hardcover , 335pp
Age Range: Young Adult

Book Trailer:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!