Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Book Review: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Hi, Everyone! Big news! I finished Linger by Maggie Stiefvater, which is the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series and the first book is Shiver. So if you haven't read the first book please don't read any further. So here is my review on Linger:


Plot:

The longing.

Once Grace and Same found each other they know they must fight to stay together. For Sam, this means a reckoning with his werewolf past. For Grace, it means facing a future that is less and less certain.

The loss.

Into their world comes a new wolf named Cole, whose past is full of hurt and danger. He is wrestling with is own demons, embracing the life of a wolf while denying the ties of being human.

The linger.

For Grace, Same, and Cole life is a constant struggle between to forces - wolf and human - with love baring its two sides as well. It is harrowing and euphoric, freeing and entrapping, enticing and alarming. As their world falls apart, live is what lingers. But will it be enough?

Review: The best werewolf series I have ever read. I truly don't know what else to say besides that one sentence. Amazing? Fantastic? Great? But those words can't even describe Grace's and Sam's story. The way they struggle through life has no words. It's to hard to tell and the only way to help people understand is to read this book. These books Shiver and Linger showed me a world of people with problems that seem to never be able to get fixed. The relationship is out of this world for Grace and Sam, I'm not sure anyone in this real world can have a love Grace and Sam have. The characters were very interesting and I enjoyed with all my heart to read once more about them and also the new character Cole, who's life story also changed me and made me look at a person like him in a whole new way that I never thought I could do. Cole's mouth made me laugh every time he talk and some times I just felt like going into the book and giving him a high five for what he just said. Isabel is also still amazing in this book and maybe even a bit little more. It really shows who she is in this book, but still has her normal self at the same time. The plot at the beginning to me was like it shouldn't be there, for the way Shiver ending it didn't seem like there should be a second book, but after reading this and reading their story one more time I understand why she needed to make a second book, because to me I'm not sure Grace and Sam's story will ever really end, in some way their story will just keep asking questions on what is going to happen next? So to sum up all those words I give this book a 5/5, which if I could I would give it the biggest number in the world. So please if you haven't read Linger, yet then please and I truly mean this, please go out and buy it cause you are missing something that I can't even explain.
Publishing: Scholastic Press
Page: 360
Chapters: 54
Grade: 5/5 = Excellent!
Book Trailer:


Author's Website: Here.
Book Website: Here.

1 comments:

Alexa said...

I will make sure to read your review after I read Linger (which I finally got in the mail today). Also love the new layout on the blog you changed it from the "creepy" girl as Nick called her. Anyways I just love the dark colors.

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!