Thursday, August 19, 2010

Book Review: The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Classic)

Hello, everyone! I am so sorry I haven't made a review on a book for a long time. Things have been happening in my life that it's been hard to read, but I finally finished reading The Count of Monte Cristo and I'm back on board for reading! I was also requested to review this book, but I will not make a review on The Count of Monte Cristo on my youtube account. mostly because I have other things I would like to do on there. Here is my review, enjoy!

~~~
Plot: Dashing young Edmond Dantes had everything. He is engaged to a beautiful woman, is about to become the captain of a ship, and is well liked by almost everyone. But his perfect like is shuttered when he is framed by a jealous rival and thrown into a dark prison cell for fourteen years.


Review: Beauty, power, love, and revenge. Those are the four words that describe the Count of Monte Cristo. To read about a young man, just about to become captain of a ship and a husband to a beautiful woman, then framed for something he didn't do was sad, but interesting in many ways. I loved the detail of everything the author wrote and the journey of this man was fantastic. I enjoyed every character, to learn about their pasts and then to see them of what they are again is amazing. Think of the revenge like this, when you pour a bucket of cold water on someone they don't just pour a normal bucket of cold water back at you, no they take a old, moldy bucket filled horribly disgusting, cold water and then pour in on you, and that's just what Edmond did, he gave his revenge ten times worse then anyone could have gave anyone. I have never read anything so different in my life and like it this much. I give this book a 5/5, but I swear if I could give a higher rating I would.
~~~
The Count of Monte Cristo:
  • Paperback
  • Pages: 591
  • Order: Here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!