Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Book Review: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

Hello, Lexie here. I just finished reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, so here is my review on it. Enjoy!

~~~
Plot: the cold.

Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf- her wolf- wathes back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

the heat.

Sam has lived to lives. As a wolf, he keeps silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace . . . until now.

the shiver.

For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But one it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human-and Grace must fight to keep him- even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.

Review: I have many words for this book and horrible is not one of them. I didn't know what I was getting into when I started reading this book and I wish I was more prepared for this, but I wasn't and because of that, this book came down on me hard. The characters are just a joy to read and learn about, and the idea of the wolfs in this book are extraordinary and very well created. I love the ending and the book just made everything very smooth. So I give this book a 5/5.
~~~
Check out the next book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series, Linger, which you can get where ever books are sold.

2 comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

im thinking about reading this actually, thanks for the review girl! :)

Booklover-Book Chicks said...

Great! =) Glad you liked my review. =P

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!