Saturday, June 12, 2010

Lexie's Review: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins


Hey everyone =)

It's me, Lexie, and I'm going to be doing a book review on Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins.

***
Plot: It starts of with a girl named Sophie Mercer who found out she was a witch 3 years ago. It has gotten her into some bad scrapes, but when Sophie attracts too much human attention from a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her father, a elusive European warlock who sends her away to Hex Hall, an isolated reform school for witches, faeries, and shapeshifters.


By the end of her first day among fellow freaks, Sophie already has three powerful enemies who look like supermodels, a crush on a hot warlock, a creepy tag along ghost, and a new roommate who happens to be the number-one suspect in a student attack and the only student vampire on campus. And to top it off a threat has been put on Sophie and every other creature in Hex Hall.


Review: This book to me was the farthest thing from boring. When I was done reading it I was amazed. The conflict and the characters really surprise you and make you want more. I have never been so addicted to want to read a book so much before. Sophie went threw so much in this book and the problems she had were a little confusing, but extremely fun. I truly recommended this book to anyone who likes fantasy or YA paranormal. I hope you liked this book as much as I did.
***

I hope you liked my review. This book is available on Hardcover, Paperback, and eBook.

There is also another book in the series called Demonglass, that will be available on March 1, 2011.

2 comments:

ALN said...

Good review! I read this book recently, but I felt it was a lot like other books I have read. The way she would end chapters with cliff hangers made keep reading it, but I still got a feeling I have read something like it before. I still thought it was good, though.

Booklover-Book Chicks said...

Thanx and I thought the same way about this book =)haha

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!