Sunday, June 20, 2010

Book Review: Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready


Hello everyone, it's me Lexie, and today I'm giving my review on Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready. Hope you like it!

***
Plot: Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a crucial gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated.

He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and talk to ghosts. This mysterious ability had always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she could undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because Dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding-and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura's relationship with dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart... and clues to the secret of the Shift.

Review: Wow. I loved this book. I give it a 4/5. I made me cry a little (a lot), but it was amazing. This book showed me something that most books don't. Most books just are for laughs or make you excited and happy, but this book didn't just show me that. It showed me that even if you lost something so important to you, it doesn't mean it will always be gone forever, sooner or later it will come back to you, and I love how it shows that in this book. The plot is fantastic and very different then most ghost stories and the characters have so much emotion I loved it! Check this book out now, it's hauntingly good.

***
Don't forget to check out the next book Shift coming out May 2011. Hope you like this review.

Avalible:
Barnes&Nobles: eBook for nook, Hardcover.
Boders: Hardcover
Amazon: eBook for Kindle, Hardcover.

2 comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

sounds good lexie i really want to read this one! :)

Booklover-Book Chicks said...

Yeah you should! lol

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!