Sunday, March 6, 2011

Book Review: The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

Hello everyone! Today I finished The Iron Queen, which is the third book in the Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa. The first and second books are called Iron King and Iron Daughter. If you have not read either of those two books you should not continue reading this review. Here is the review and I hope you enjoy:

~*~*~

Plot: My name is Meghan Chase.I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.This time, there will be no turning back.

Review: A finale to Meghan's wonderful story with love, hardship, and a lot of fighting. Like always Julie Kagawa will sink you into the pages of her magnificent story about fairies from Shakespeare's wonderful tale of the Midsummer Night Dream and when you have finally caught up with all the characters, the plot, and conflict there will be no turning back. In the third installment in the Iron Fey Series, Meghan is brought back into the realm of Nevernever to destroy the false king and bring peace back into the land of Faery. We meet new characters like Glitch and Razor. Also our old friends like Ash, Puch, and Grim all return for a final show to help Meghan save their world. This book answered many questions and brought new questions the the surface. Kagawa really twisted the story line and made me begging for more. The writing style was fantastic and the end was defiantly not what I excepted. I give this book a 4.5/5.

~*~*~

Pub. Date: January 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
Format: Paperback , 368pp
Chapters: 25
Age Range: Young Adult

Book Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown!

Iron Fey series!

Clockwork Angel Countdown

Morgyn's Wish List!